Thursday, December 23, 2010

Laughing Ganesha Indian

I went in with great expectations. The food lived up to it. The curries, goat, chicken etc., taste very authentic at this place and I immediately thought this is the work of an actual Indian chef, most probably from North India. When I asked the staff about it, they confirmed it.
The food is very nice. I'm not comparing it to what you get in Punjab or any other North Indian region in hole-in-the-wall joints and for good reason. This is Australia and this is Sydney. Indian food in Sydney has been a great disappointment for a long time. The usual factors do exist, like ingredients, the experience of chefs and just that 'air'. But lately, I've had a few very good Indian meals around Sydney and things are finally looking up.
The only thing that didn't go well was the staff co-ordination. Our orders were mixed up and then there was huge drama in the kitchen, which, unfortunately, is open-view. The waiter was given a hard time by the owner/chef. And I felt sorry for him. I even tipped rather generously on this occasion, hoping that'd ease the tension but as we were driving away, I glanced inside and the owner was still having a go at the poor waiter. That should've been done behind closed doors.
Anyway, all in all, not a bad place for Indian food. Some of the food is quite outstanding.
Laughing Ganesha Indian on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment